Geekbook | An Internet and Online Media Zeitgeist
Geekbook highlights the daily buzz in social media and online marketing, as well as trends and cultural topics that are helping shape and inform today’s readers. Get our full feed @dreamlocal.
- Apple Envy: If you were satisfied with your iPad and trying not to buy yet another screen from Apple, don’t read this. Unfortunately I did, and now I want one! Nick Bilton at The New York Times tells us why the iPad Mini is his Desert Island device
- Social Media International: Andy Carvin (@acarvin) of NPR won a Shorty Award this year for Best Journalist on Social Media. He continues to provide a curated real-time feed of the events unfolding in Egypt.
- Creative: LinkedIn released their list of ‘Top 10 Overused Professional Buzzwords’ for 2012. Check it out here and see how many you’re using.
- Abandoned: Instagram images stopped showing up properly on Twitter and soon may not work at all. Cult of Mac’s (@cultofmac) Buster Heine talks about why this is happening and what Instagram’s Chief has to say about it.
- Dramatic: Ezra Klein pulls a couple of the graphs out of the Business Insider’s presentation on the future of digital media.
Musical Interlude: Jazz pianist Dave Brubeck died today at age 91 | Chicago Tribune
@therichbrooks – Ah, Dave Brubeck, I already miss you. youtu.be/faJE92phKzI
- Feel Good Web: Middle School Wrestler lets boy with cerebral palsy win match (Video) | Huffington Post